Posted in contests, daily dilemmas, family affairs, famous people, featured blogs, in the news, poli-tics me off, reality tv, self discovery, the holidays, the Kenny Chronicles, the science of dating, the younger years, tagged blogging, contests, funny, humor, news, random on March 12, 2009|
6 Comments »
Well, it’s one month shy of my first post here at The Daily Elephant. I would like to say a big thank you to all of you out there who actually take time out of your extremely busy lives [or so you say..] to read about my ridiculous life. It has been my pleasure to get to know you all. As much as I’ve loved my big, oversized, wrinkly elephant skin, – I need some space to breathe. You know how I get restless.
The time has come to announce my new website, and I thank you for your patience. Oh wait, you were a bunch of crazy LUNATICS continually griping in my ear everyday.
I want you to know that in this era of social networking, twittering, and myspacing that YOU are the first ones to know about this wonderous new development. And let me tell you something, you better come visit me cus that blog is nekkid!!! And no, it’s not the kind of nekkid you’d be excited about. I spend countless hours copying some of my favorite blogs onto the new website so it wouldn’t be empty and now there are ZERO comments. It’s as if I have the most hated blog on the planet. Boo hoo. First one to comment wins… uh… my heart?
We all know that I’m challenged when it comes to things like choosing names, significant others, or things from the dollar menu. So you can IMAGINE the heartache I suffered over the name of my new website. Afterall, I’m pretty hard to please and I’d like to be happy with this for more than a year. So I thought long and hard about the general nature of my blogs and conversations with friends. And one thing kept coming to mind- I’m very direct. And I like it that way. And I like others to be that way with me. So I present to you my new website, designed by yours truly:
***FAVOR: All of you that have The Daily Elephant listed on your blog roll, could you pretty pretty please change that to bluntdelivery.com??? I will love you forever.
And just for that, I have some fabulous new blogs for you right at the top of the pile, including:
A Post-it Would Have Been Better
Middle School Misfortune
Nitemare on Ex Street
I Dated A Slumdog Millionaire
Not to mention that there is now a picture up of Kenny and I from the actual night in question from my post The Kenny Chronicles: How We Met
BOO-YA! Told you I’d have it up by today. There’s all sorts of new things for you to feast your eyes on, so you’ll have to look through the categories. I am also introducing THE SKINNY, which is where I’ll be telling you the deal about products, websites, and things that will either revolutionize or destroy your life.
See ya around kids.
Read Full Post »
Posted in in the news, tagged 13 year old dad, alfie patten, babies, blogging, british kid with baby, children, funny, humorous, kid dad, kids, life, news, random, teenage dad on February 17, 2009|
46 Comments »
THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.bluntdelivery.com
HOLD. THE. PHONE. I usually don’t report news, but I have no choice but to interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you quite possibly the most disturbing, yet hilarious news you’ve heard all year. I’d like you to meet Alfie Patten, a strapping young 13 yr. old British lad and his new baby, Maisie. Alfie stands 4 ft tall, and when asked how he and his girlfriend would afford the baby he told The Sun, “I thought it would be good to have a baby. We didn’t really think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money (allowance). My dad sometimes gives me ten bucks.”
Alfie’s dad, who sold these pictures to The Sun, says that “Alfie could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation, but he’s been at the hospital every day.” Well, sounds like he’s shaping up to become dad of the year! The baby is living with Chantelle, Alfie’s 15 yr. old girlfriend (he’s quite the ladies man) and her family of six, currently being supported by the government. BONUS: Alfie is allowed to “stay the night.”
Check the full article for pictures of Alfie and his girlfriend, or if you don’t believe me. Because I almost didn’t.
Photo courtesy of thesun.co.uk
Read Full Post »
Posted in famous people, in the news, poli-tics me off, tagged aretha at inauguration, aretha franklin, aretha franklin's hat inauguration, aretha franklins hat, celebrities, funny, humor, news, obama, obama in aretha franklins hat, obama in aretha's hat, politics, presidential inauguration, random on January 21, 2009|
13 Comments »
Aretha Franklin definately commanded some respect for her hat and for her performance of the national anthem at the Presidential Inauguration.
Unfortunately, it commanded so much respect that Obama had to bring some of the attention back on himself.
Read Full Post »
Posted in famous people, in the news, poli-tics me off, tagged barack, george bush, inauguration, news, obama, obama is sworn in, politics, presidential inauguration, video of obama getting sworn in, you tube of obama sworn in on January 20, 2009|
9 Comments »
Today, when they announced the President-elect, they opted out of saying his middle name. Instead they said Barack “H” Obama. Now, come on, what is so bad about Hussein? It’s not like it has a bad conotation.
Seriously though, on this very historical Presidential Inauguration, I want to say thank you President Bush, and I wish you all the best President Obama. Oh, and I’m especially siked today because my cell phone plan renews, and wow, I was getting close to going over.
Read Full Post »
Posted in in the news, poli-tics me off, tagged blago, blogging, convicted illinois officials, corrupt illinois government, funny, humor, illinois politics, news, politics, rod blagojevich, rod blagojevich arrested, roland buris on January 12, 2009|
7 Comments »
I’m not pointing dirty fingers here. I’m smack dab in the middle of the park. I might even be the Queen of the park. For many years, I’ve tried to convince myself why I should stay here. And I’ve often lost. No mountains, no oceans, nothing but miles and miles of corrupted cornfields.
- Rod Capone Blagojevich
The only thing I can come up with -other than really cheap housing costs – is that it’s the perfect place for an anemophobiac (one who fears natural diasters) because nothing ever happens here. It’s almost as if Illinois has scared natural diasters away with it’s white trashiness and corruption. It’s pretty sad when you can scare away a natural diaster.
Really, as Illinoians, we have nothing else going for ourselves. We unashamedly claim to have one of the most corrupt states in the Union, and quite possibly the dumbest. We elected a governor like Rod Capone Blagojevich, who while staring the cold, harsh reality of a lifetime in the slammer and a boyfriend named Chuck straight in the eyes, concerns himself with trying to appoint people to the Senate. What’s worse is that it might even work. Our educational system is so piss-poor that drop-out statistics don’t even apply to us because people are actually better off enrolling in the school of life than they are in one of our public schools. The unions are the new mob and have taken over every aspect of the state. You can’t sneeze without signing a waiver that you will blindly vote every Democrat into office for the rest of your meager existence, which will probably be a long time considering you can rule out natural diasters as a possible death option..
Oh, but we do have Oprah. I almost forgot about that. And lots of gangs.
*photoshoping compliments of the Elephant, of course. By the way, Who’s the Elephant?
Read Full Post »
Posted in in the news, tagged 2009 predictions, barack obama, funny, gm bailout, humorous, life, miley sirus, news, nick lachey, nostradamus, nostradamus 2009 predictions, random, the jonas brothers on January 3, 2009|
8 Comments »
Ladies and Gentlemen,
If I could please turn your attention toward the stage as we are joined by the specialest of special guests tonight: Nostradamus. I am aware that many of you feel concerned about the future in these times of uncertainty, thus, I have invited him to come and ease your minds with his wealth of prophetic knowledge.
Nostradamus predictions for 2009:
1. The US government will realize it was a ludacris assumption that they can save every species of obscure Arctic creature and drill for oil. Consequently, they will relinquish their struggle with the middle east and throw themselves at their mercy once and for all. Convinced that no amount of national security and financial independence is worth sacrificing a clear conscience (or an animal), all government officials will sleep soundly.
2. The Jonas Brothers, having finally lost their longstanding fight against puberty, will awake to find they no longer fit into their skinny jeans. Feeling confused and displaced, they will retreat and seek solice in Hanson, the brotherly singing trio who had so courageously gone before them.
3. NASA will spend millions to develop groundbreaking technology, which will allow people to scam the welfare system in a more discrete and successful manner and quite possibly allow other countries to locate every secret weapon system that we have.
4. People will come out in droves to celebrate the historical inauguation of Barack Obama. Oprah will celebrate by sporting a new hair weave and kick- starting a brand new diet plan that incorporates breakfast smoothies and lard sandwiches.
5. Miley Sirus will again be “accidentally revealing” during a photo shoot, which will result in Disney finally giving her the axe. Then she will ball her achy-breaky eyes out and start the inevitable downward spiral of her once promising childhood career.
6. Nick Lachey will come up with yet another completely horrible way to cash in on any remaining fans that he might possibly be able to muster up. An endeavor that will fail miserably.
7. GM and Ford will finally receive the bailout of their dreams. After billions have been spent to keep everyone employed, the world will realize their cars still suck and they will go under anyway. This will further push China into world domination.
My dear friends, I hope these insights will bring you much peace of mind and happiness in the New Year. For I would not have thought it so important to come back from the dead unless we were at this truly critical point in history.
Read Full Post »
Posted in in the news, the science of dating, tagged chicken bomb, funny, humor, news, port-potty, prince charming, school bus, the science of dating on June 10, 2008|
11 Comments »
I’ve been noticing in the past week that quite a few of you appear to be on the prowl for the right guy, as the searches to get to my site have tripled for keyword “prince charming.” First of all, get over it already. Secondly, if you wanna hear my take on it, here it is. Enjoy!
Well, wedding season is upon us, and since i must keep up with my usual ritual of being in at least 4 weddings this summer, that means i’ll be quite busy. tonight is one of those nights. So alas, I shall leave you with a tidbit to nibble on, until i return.
I’m sure all of you are thinking to yourselves, “man, no tornadoes, no earthquakes, no hurricanes…i wonder what’s been going on out east lately?”
1. Today, a roasted chicken stuffed with a pipe bomb was found on the side of the road in Connecticut.
2. Last friday, a Pennsylvania man called 911 from a porta -potty that he got himself stuck inside of, drunk and nekkid.
3. This afternoon, someone reported a school bus travelling erratically down the road. After the bus was pulled over, the driver was found to be a young man who had heroine, knives, and large sums of cash. He reportedly told police that his friend had gotten arrested and left him without a ride, so he had to steal the bus to get home.
what’s up New England?
Read Full Post »